It’s time for the AFL finals and after a long long wait, as well as the AFL forcing us all to wait an extra week with their special pre-finals bye which not many people actually like, we can start preparing for some real action.
Everything that has preceded has been the riff-raff, seat warming, the curtain-raiser, the clearing-of-the-throat. This is now serious. Is it the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?
And which AFL program is the only one brave enough to make wild predictions, outlandish claims and combine the Bay City Rollers and The Stranglers into the one episode? Yes, it’s The Protected Zone.
In this AFL podcast episode of The Protected Zone, Eddy Jay and Lintang Enam discuss:
- The media was talking about the bye week being a weekend of “no football“, but we beg to differ. There was football coming out of our ears, all around the world.
- Mixed-football – we say that the AFL should be 50:50 men and women. Forget the AFL and ALFW. Just have the one competition, in the true spirit of diversity.
- No more heroes. Goodbye Luke Hodge, Nick Riewoldt, Steve Johnson, Matt Priddis, Jobe Watson and Sam Mitchell. And Zac Dawson. He’s the real hero of the AFL.
- And the big moment: We give a comprehensive preview of the all the finals action! The previews of Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney; Geelong v Richmond; Sydney v Essendon; Port Adelaide v West Coast. And our very important tips.
- And, of course, our song of the week. No More Heroes.