It’s Round 22 and in our latest AFL podcast, we discuss all the big issues of the day. It’s hard to believe that there are only two more rounds of the 2017 home-and-the-way season. And then what? A one-week festival of the boot, and then finals action. Exciting!
In this AFL podcast episode of The Protected Zone, Eddy Jay and Lintang Enam discuss:
- All the great games from Round 21, including a disappointing Richmond and Western Bulldogs. Why are Fremantle being massacred? They’re a good team on paper, but paper doesn’t win the game.
- Does Indonesia support the Sydney Swans? Or Indonesian independence? Lintang Enam reports.
- Kung Fu Fighting. Yes, everyone is talking about it, so will we. Toby Greene. But is there room for martial arts in football? And if it’s not football, what is it?
- Three for the flag? Media reports suggest there are three teams that can win the cup: Adelaide, Greater Western Sydney, Sydney. Premature. We think there are others.
- Coaching musical chairs. Do coaches get bored, even the good ones? Is Ross Lyon going off to Collingwood? Is there are switch on – Nathan Buckley to North Melbourne, Brad Scott to Gold Coast? Could Mick Malthouse coach West Coast and Collingwood at the same time? Sure!
- We preview the big Round 22 feature games: Adelaide and Sydney, Greater Western Sydney and West Coast, Geelong and Collingwood. And our quick tips for all the other games. Exciting.
- And Toby Greene influences our song of the week. So bleeding obvious: Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas.