It’s Round 19 and in our latest AFL podcast, we look at how this grand 2017 season is progressing and talk about the big issues in AFL. Big. And maybe some of the smaller issues too.
In this AFL podcast episode of The Protected Zone, Eddy Jay and Lintang Enam discuss:
- All the great games from Round 18, including the top-of-the-table clash, Adelaide against Geelong, and the comeback kids. No, not Bill Clinton, but Collingwood snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against West Coast.
- We need to talk about Toby. We reckon Toby Greene lost the game for Greater Western Sydney, and he was suspended for two weeks, to add insult to the injury. Richmond are back in ‘real deal’ territory.
- The big goal kickers kicking the big goals. Ben Brown, Cale Hooker, Callum Sinclair, all kicked five goals or more. Each! Sinclair was catching the ball like a spider catching a fly. And five goals to go with it.
- Alastair Clarkson – 300 games of coaching Hawthorn, followed up by the 301st on the weekend in the match against Sydney. What a legend.
- Cricket? I don’t like it. But Lintang does, and he looks at Alex Keath, a former 20/20 cricketer, debuting for Adelaide last week.
- The big Round 19 feature games: the battle of the birds, Hawthorn and Sydney; Collingwood and Adelaide. And our quick tips for all the other games.
- And we go out with a post-punk song for Toby Greene. He’s lost control and he’s not finding any joy.